Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Baby shower!

My mom (with help from my sister and cousin Theresa) threw me an incredibly fun and special baby shower! And looking back, I think she really had a blast doing it. ;)

The centerpieces were my old beanie babies from when I was a kid, along with little dishes of chocolates and various candies. 

Gifts! I really wish I had thought to take another picture before we loaded the car at the end of the shower... The size of the pile could have been described as "ridiculous". ;) But we felt SO blessed! The diaper stacker, quilt and burp cloths to the left in this picture were made by my Grandma Schwindt. The red bucket and yellow basket were from my mom and contained some of my old baby clothes (memories!) and my handmade baby blankets. Very special!

The guest book was one of our family favorites - The Sneetches (and other stories) by Dr. Seuss.

The room! It was so pretty!

 The is the onesie decorating station! Instead of playing silly shower games we told everyone to bring a blank onesie in any size or color. We provided fabric paints, pens and inks (with stamps) and everyone let their creative juices flow! People had a LOT of fun with this.

(A note if you'd like to use this idea - we did provide extra onesies for people who didn't bring one or who decided they wanted to do more than one. I would suggest having your extras be larger sizes, not newborn. Peyton will quickly outgrow many of her REALLY awesome clothes. I also tried to keep a list of who made which onesie for thank you note writing purposes, as well as for a keepsake!)

 My dad rigged up a "clothesline" for people to hang their finished onesies on to dry (and display).

Two of my favorites. CTS is the bus company that Steve drives for and, well, the other was made by my mom. ;)

 Some of the creative finished products!

These were some of my favorites as well. :) 
The top left one says "I'm acute baby" (made by Caryn at the request of my brother, who found it hilarious.)
The top two on the right were made by me ("Made in Oregon" and "Sweet P")
The one on the bottom left says "Peyton with all the colors of the wind" and was made by my cousin Alex who worked as Pocahontas at Disney World! I didn't notice until later that she wrote "Pocahontas loves you" on the butt. ;)

After removing tags and sorting clothes and blankets, etc., this was the pile of laundry I had to do. :) Looking at these baskets made me SO happy and so anxious to dress our little angel in these sweet outfits!

Thank you everyone for blessing us in such huge ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment